Chicken 'n' Corn Bread Bake
Here's southern comfort food at its best! This casserole is delicious made with chicken or turkey. It's often on the menu when I cook for my husband, our four children and their spouses and our 10 grandkids.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine broth, onion,
- celery and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 4 cups stuffing
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a
- small bowl, combine sour cream, soup and green onions. Spread over
- chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 441 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,202 mg sodium,