- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine broth, onion, celery and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 4 cups stuffing mix.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, soup and green onions. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Corn Bread Bake
Sort By :
"We didn't care for this casserole at all. I made it exactly as written. The bottom was just a clump of wet stuffing (probably too much broth) and it really lacked seasoning so the flavor was boring."
"Easy and yummy. The stuffing defines the flavor so change it up and use other types of stuffing mix; you will get a totally different flavor. the sour cream makes the soup layer just that much creamier. also using Campbell's chicken & herb soup adds depth and interesting flavors."
"I have made this twice now and we really enjoy it. The aroma while cooking is very nice, I can hardly wait until Thanksgiving to try it with some leftover turkey.Skygal"
"Stove Top Stuffing brand has a corn bread version"
"Thanks for the suggestion to use the slow cooker. I will definatly try this. Now... if I could find some corn bread stuffing mix.!!!"