Chicken 'n' Corn Bread Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, onion, celery and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 4 cups stuffing mix.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and green onions. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 325° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Corn Bread Bake(11)
Sort By :
We didn't care for this casserole at all. I made it exactly as written. The bottom was just a clump of wet stuffing (probably too much broth) and it really lacked seasoning so the flavor was boring.
Easy and yummy. The stuffing defines the flavor so change it up and use other types of stuffing mix; you will get a totally different flavor. the sour cream makes the soup layer just that much creamier. also using Campbell's chicken & herb soup adds depth and interesting flavors.
I have made this twice now and we really enjoy it. The aroma while cooking is very nice, I can hardly wait until Thanksgiving to try it with some leftover turkey.
Stove Top Stuffing brand has a corn bread version
Thanks for the suggestion to use the slow cooker. I will definatly try this. Now... if I could find some corn bread stuffing mix.!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cornbread Casserole >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >