- 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Combine
- flour and water until smooth. Stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- For dumplings, in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and
- salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir
- in the milk, carrot and parsley.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer
- for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out
- clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 413 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,199 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.