Chicken 'n' Broccoli Braid Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; press together, forming a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Seal seams and perforations. Spoon filling lengthwise down the center third of dough.
- 2. On each long side, cut dough 3 in. toward the center at 1-1/2-in. intervals, forming strips. Bring one strip from each side over filling; pinch ends to seal. Repeat. Pinch ends of loaf to seal.
- 3. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 457 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Broccoli Braid
"Very good recipe, taste yummy and looks absolutely amazing. I backed off on the dill and sprinkled basil over the top."
"I skipped the fancy braid and just put one cresent roll on the bottom and one on the top and it still worked out awesome! I felt like it could be a little cheesier but I love cheese! =) It was yummo and so easy!"