Beautiful braided breads really dress up events. It's full of chicken and veggies, and it's surrounded by a buttery crust. I love to make this simple, tasty dish for my family.—Dana Rabe, West Richland, Washington
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; press together, forming a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Seal seams and perforations. Spoon filling lengthwise down the center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut dough 3 in. toward the center at 1-1/2-in. intervals, forming strips. Bring one strip from each side over filling; pinch ends to seal. Repeat. Pinch ends of loaf to seal.
- Brush with egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Broccoli Braid in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Broccoli Braid
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review