Chicken 'n' Biscuits Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, basil, thyme and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vegetables, chicken and cheese; reduce heat to low.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil and parsley; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 3. Transfer hot chicken mixture to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drop biscuit batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 246 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Biscuits
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.