- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vegetables,
- chicken and cheese; reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder
- and salt. In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil and parsley; stir
- into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Transfer hot chicken mixture to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drop
- biscuit batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until biscuits are
- lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 246 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.