Chicken 'n' Biscuits Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, basil, thyme and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vegetables, chicken and cheese; reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil and parsley; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Transfer hot chicken mixture to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drop biscuit batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Biscuits(4)
Sort By :
Have made this however it's been some time. Casseroles are easy for us, especially for leftovers.
It's really good however I made a few tweaks...first no frozen mixed veg...I diced baby carrots and added some frozen cooked peas. Also I sauteed onions and 2 TB garlic together with 2 TB of butter and added the spices.Also I used Pillsbury southern style buttermilk biscuits. I baked for 15 mins uncovered then 15 mins covered to make sure the biscuits didn't burn and turned out perfect.
Easy to make! Delicious! I add cream of chicken soup to the mixture as well as diced potatoes(right from the can), just to add a little something extra!
Easy and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >