- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, basil, thyme and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vegetables, chicken and cheese; reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil and parsley; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Transfer hot chicken mixture to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drop biscuit batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Biscuits
"This turned out good. I did add salt, butter and extra veggies to the filling. I also made extra biscuit dough and used melted butter instead of oil."
"Maybe it was just me?? But we didn't care for this recipe at all with the exception of the biscuits and we made this as the recipe stated. Eh, we just weren't fans."
"This was quick to make and assemble. Most ingredients everyone already has. Recipe also lends itself to substitutions if need be. We really enjoyed it tremendously! Nice mellow flavor, sure to please most. Biscuits toasted up light brown just like the photo. And it's a meal in one dish! Gotta love dat! Try it!"
"Have made this however it's been some time. Casseroles are easy for us, especially for leftovers."
"It's really good however I made a few tweaks...first no frozen mixed veg...I diced baby carrots and added some frozen cooked peas. Also I sauteed onions and 2 TB garlic together with 2 TB of butter and added the spices.Also I used Pillsbury southern style buttermilk biscuits. I baked for 15 mins uncovered then 15 mins covered to make sure the biscuits didn't burn and turned out perfect."
"Easy and delicious!"
"Delicious! Although I always cook 1 lb raw cubed chicken with the onions, increase flour to 1/3 cup to thicken a little bit more, use 3 tbsps parmesan roman cheese and add salt to taste."
"AWESOME! I've been making this recipe for years! It's so easy and tastes so good. I have always gotten compliments when making this meal. Thanks for a great recipe!!! :)"
"Wonderful, easy to make and simply good!"