- skin and meat from bones. Discard skin and bones. Cut up meat.
- Strain broth. Reserve vegetables and 1 cup broth; discard bay leaf.
- (Discard or save remaining broth for another use.) Arrange chicken
- and vegetables in a greased 3-cup dish.
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper
- and mace until smooth. Gradually add the milk, Worcestershire sauce
- and reserved broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- For biscuits, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and
- salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- On a floured surface, knead 8-10 times. Pat into a 1/2-in.-thick
- square and cut into quarters. Arrange biscuits over sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 17-20 minutes or until biscuits are
- golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 861 calories, 46 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 2,868 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 52 g protein.