These flavorful tacos are a wonderful change of pace from regular tacos. My family loves the combination of black beans, chicken and tomatoes.—Wendy Hines, Chesnee, South Carolina
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a nonstick skillet, saute chicken, onion and garlic until juices run clear. Stir in beans, parsley, cumin and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes. Fold in half; serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Bean Tacos in Country Woman May/June 1999, p36
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Bean Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review