- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a nonstick skillet, saute chicken, onion and garlic until juices run clear. Stir in beans, parsley, cumin and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes. Fold in half; serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Bean Tacos
Sort By :
We tried this and thought it was just okay. I made the recipe as instructed with no changes. If I ever make it again, I would use cilantro over parsley, and possibly add part of a taco seasoning packet to boost the flavor a little.
I didn't think this recipe would be all that great based on the ingredients, BUT I WAS WRONG! The family ate it up! No left overs with this one.
Very happy with this recipe. Tasty, easy, low-fat. I'll make this again soon.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Tacos >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >