Chicken, Bean and Rice Nachos Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salsa, beans and corn; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Shred chicken with two forks. Stir cream cheese into mixture until blended.
- 3. To serve, place rice in serving bowls; top with chicken mixture and cheese blend. Serve with chips. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without chips) equals 518 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken, Bean and Rice Nachos
"I couldn't find Mexicorn so just used regular corn. Omitted cheese & chips. Quite delicious! Fit fine in my 5 quart slow cooker.- Theresa"
"Love the versatility of this recipe. Leave out the rice and you can use it to fill tacos or enchiladas. I am always asked for the recipe whenever I take it to share."
"family loved this even my 1 year old"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.