Chicken, Bean and Rice Nachos Recipe
You can't go wrong with this slow-cooked sensation. Tender shredded chicken is matched up with black beans, Mexicorn, rice and cheese, then served with tortilla chips. When you're craving nachos but need more than a snack, this makes one zesty dinner.—Barbara Schweitzer, Chesapeake, Virginia
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salsa, beans and corn; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Stir cream cheese into mixture until blended.
- To serve, place rice in serving bowls; top with chicken mixture and cheese blend. Serve with chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken, Bean and Rice Nachos in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p52
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken, Bean and Rice Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2013
"family loved this even my 1 year old"