Chicken and asparagus make a light, comforting soup that’s easy to do with common ingredients. If we have rotisserie chicken, it goes into this soup. —Jennifer Vo, Irvine, California
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper until blended; gradually stir in broth and half-and-half. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add chicken and corn; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken, Asparagus & Corn Chowder in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Reviews for Chicken, Asparagus & Corn Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2015
"I made it pretty much per the recipe and it was very good. We added some tea biscuits on the side. Very filling!"