- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the first six ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush lightly with melted butter. Layer with five additional sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Spoon half of the rice mixture down the center of the phyllo dough to within 1 in. of ends. Fold up short sides to enclose filling. Roll up tightly, starting with a long side.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side down. Brush with additional butter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken & Wild Rice Strudels
"Wow just made these and they are delicious! I chopped chicken I made from day before. It was my first time using phyllo, which as I was making it I thought I'd never use it again, until I ate it.....so GOOD!"
"Delicious! Subbed co-Jack cheese as that's what I had on hand and it was great!"
"Excellent....I am not a fan of swiss cheese so I used mozzarella instead."
"easy and good"