Chicken & Vegetable Kabobs
My husband and I love to grill in the summer, especially vegetables. These kabobs not only taste delicious but they look great too! —Tina Oles, Nashwauk, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing, divided
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and vegetables. Drizzle with 1/3 cup
- dressing and toss to coat. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables
- onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10
- minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally and
- basting with remaining dressing during the last 3 minutes. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 228 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.