Chicken & Vegetable Curry Couscous Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable blend of your choice
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (5.7 ounces) curry-flavored couscous mix
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink.
- 2. Add vegetable blend, water and contents of couscous seasoning packet. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous and raisins. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 273 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken & Vegetable Curry Couscous
"First of all, I am not a fan of curry so I substituted with roasted garlic/olive oil flavor couscous. This meal was truly quick to prepare. My family was pretty satisfied with it, but I found it to be a tad bland. I was glad to have garlic bread on the side. Also I try to avoid MSG, so I will be more careful about choosing the flavored couscous. Overall, we all liked it quite a bit."
"I love couscous, so I knew that I would like this recipe. I am basically a vegetarian so I picked out the chicken, but I liked the vegetable/couscous flavor. Family seemed to like it okay. It's not a favorite, but was told that I could make it again."