Chicken & Vegetable Curry Couscous Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable blend of your choice
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (5.7 ounces) curry-flavored couscous mix
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink.
- 2. Add vegetable blend, water and contents of couscous seasoning packet. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous and raisins. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 273 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.