Chicken & Vegetable Curry Couscous
I find that a semi-homemade one-pot meal is the best way to get dinner done in a hurry. Use your family's favorite blend of frozen veggies and serve with toasted pita bread for smiles all around. m‐ Elizabeth Hoanson - Arborg, Manitoba
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable blend of your choice
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (5.7 ounces) curry-flavored couscous mix
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add
- chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Add vegetable blend, water and contents of couscous seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil; stir in couscous and raisins. Remove from heat; let
- stand, covered, 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a
- fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 273 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.