This hearty pasta dish from Linda Morten of Katy, Texas offers great garlic-basil flavor in a fraction of the time. Just think of how pretty this colorful dish will look on your table tonight! Tip: If you can't find basil and garlic goat cheese, buy plain goat cheese and add 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves to chicken and toss before cooking in butter.
- 3 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 ounces), cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup basil and roasted garlic goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and peas in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and cream; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in goat cheese and parsley; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Vegetable Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Vegetable Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review