Chicken & Tortellini Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen grilled chicken breast strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 slices red onion, halved
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, chicken, onion, cranberries and feta cheese. Drain pasta. Cool for 5 minutes. Add to spinach mixture.
- 2. For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over spinach mixture; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
2 cups equals 432 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.