- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.)
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cheese and reserved chicken; cook and stir until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken & Tomato Risotto
Sort By :
"It was good but not a 5 star"
"This was really good. It does not really reheat very well though. Much better than the first risotto recipe I tried. Would be good with shrimp also."
"Good and easier than I thought it would be. Adding a spring of fresh minced basil to the top before serving. Very good. Will definitely make again and keep single servings on hand for work lunches."
"Good!! Added fresh tomatoes too!"
"Super good-added chunks of zucchini"