If you're looking for Italian comfort food, this is it! By using store-bought spaghetti sauce, you save time when preparing this creamy dish. "You'll enjoy every bite!" —Lorraine Caland Thunder Bay, Ontario
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.)
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cheese and reserved chicken; cook and stir until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Tomato Risotto in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken & Tomato Risotto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review