Chicken & Tomato Risotto Recipe
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.)
- 4. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cheese and reserved chicken; cook and stir until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 462 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,186 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken & Tomato Risotto
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.