Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken, spinach and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 287 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1130mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Soup
"Bland, but good and easy. Needs some spice."
"Outstanding! My family loved it and didn't have any leftovers.. Will be making it again.."
"This was delicious! I doubled the recipe and barely had any leftovers. Will certainly make again!"
"This is very easy to make and my husband and I both really enjoy it."
"Very good soup! will make again, both my husband and son approved and of course I liked it too!"
"Very hearty soup. Very good!"
"Fantastic! Super easy and full of flavor :)"
"My daughter's new favorite soup! Very easy to make."
"Made this on a whim one day and my family of 5 (hubby, 2 young boys and 1 baby girl) devoured it down to the last drop! Have made it several times since (at their request) and one day used a "white wine and herb" broth that I had in the pantry. The family cheered even louder with the added flavor. It's now become a family favorite and a great recipe to make when having company over. Delicious!"
"I made this recipe with ham instead of chicken and also added onion. I also froze portions for lunches. It turned out wonderful."
"Made this for Superbowl Sunday & the pot was emptied quickly. Easy to made, great taste & filling. Everyone wanted the recipe."
"Made this for a Saturday evening get -together. Very easy to make and everyone kept refilling their bowls."