Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Soup
Shredded rotisserie chicken is complemented by fresh green spinach and cheese tortellini in this quick-to-fix soup. It makes a great starter or a light meal with a salad and crusty bread.—Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, FL
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini; return to a boil.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the
- chicken, spinach and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle
- each serving with 1 teaspoon cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 287 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,130 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.