“One of my favorites! Can’t remember where I got this recipe, but I make it often. You can also double the amounts and freeze the leftovers. I enjoy it because it’s tasty enough—and thick enough—to eat even without the pasta!” Pamela Ziemer - Hutchinson, MN
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large portobello mushroom, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the onion, mushroom and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the chicken, spinach, 3 tablespoons cheese, lemon juice, pepper and pepper flakes; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Spinach Pasta in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p57
Reviews for Chicken & Spinach Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review