So simple but so good, this saucy pasta dish is always well received. I love that I can prepare in no time on weeknight, but it tastes like I slaved all day. A sprinkle of fresh basil on top adds just the right sweetness. —Susan Hein, Burlington, WI
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach, chicken, drained tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Drain mostaccioli; add to the pan. Cook until heated through and spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Spinach Mostaccioli in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Spinach Mostaccioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review