- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups (9 ounces) shredded fontina cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese and additional fresh thyme, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. On a clean work surface, mix all-purpose and semolina flours; form into a mound. Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into well. Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, forming a soft dough (dough will be soft and slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; knead dough gently five times. Divide into six portions; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six filling ingredients; stir in 1-1/2 cups fontina cheese. Grease six individual 12-oz. au gratin dishes; place on baking sheets. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with salted water; bring to a boil. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 20x4-in. rectangle, dusting dough with additional flour as needed.
- Add one noodle to boiling water; cook 1-2 minutes or until al dente. Place one-fifth of the noodle in bottom of a prepared dish; top with a scant 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Fold noodle back to cover filling; repeat three times, topping and folding the noodle each time. Repeat with remaining noodles and filling.
- Sprinkle lasagnas with remaining fontina cheese. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional thyme. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Spinach Lasagnas in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Spinach Lasagnas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 9, 2014
kinda came out a little dry and tasteless. Not a big hit here
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2014
This was a hit!!! The homemade noodles set it over the top!! So good!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Lasagna >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Italian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Spinach Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >