- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer
- pink; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and
- onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir in the broth, chicken and reserved tomato mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, layer half of the squash, chicken
- mixture and reserved crumb mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-6
- minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 348 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.