Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute chicken in reserved drippings until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, cream, sage and 1/4 cup cheese to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and spinach is wilted. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet. Stir in the chicken and shrimp; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine
Sort By :
"This was really rich and yummy. I will admit I goofed and didn't get the shrip cooked when i picked them up. I just cooked them at home with salt an pepper. It was fine that way, but I think having them steamed at the store with ole bay or some other kind of seasoning will give this another layer of flavor. I also did add a bit of salt and pepper to the sauce it brought out the flavor of the tomato's . I liked the fact it went together quickly. I'm always looking for recipes that are like that especially when i have to work late"
"This was delicious. I served dish with angel hair pasta & doubled the sauce per another reviewer. Everyone liked this dish very much. Served garlic toast & salad with meal."
"Tasty and I only used chicken. Will make again."
"This is my "new" favorite serve to company pasta dish. It was so good. Both my husband and I loved it and he is not a big pasta fan. We thought the flavor was right on....any dish with bacon is GOOD!"
"I cooked the shrimp in garlic and butter.. I also added 4 oz cream cheese to the cream mixture..i also used fresh cherry tomatoes and yellow peppers picked fresh from the garden ,instead of the canned tomatoes. my family loved will make again ."