Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute chicken in reserved drippings until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, cream, sage and 1/4 cup cheese to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and spinach is wilted. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet. Stir in the chicken and shrimp; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine
Sort By :
Tasty and I only used chicken. Will make again.
This is my "new" favorite serve to company pasta dish. It was so good. Both my husband and I loved it and he is not a big pasta fan. We thought the flavor was right on....any dish with bacon is GOOD!
I cooked the shrimp in garlic and butter.. I also added 4 oz cream cheese to the cream mixture..i also used fresh cherry tomatoes and yellow peppers picked fresh from the garden ,instead of the canned tomatoes. my family loved will make again .
I liked this concept, however I found it to be a tad bland. The textures and consistency was spot on. I especially enjoyed the crunch of the bacon. I would suggest sautéing the shrimp in butter and garlic to add another layer of flavor. Seasoning is a must...I added salt and cracked pepper and that livened it up a bit! I'll try it again for sure cooking the shrimp in butter.butter makes everything better!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >