Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute chicken in reserved drippings until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, cream, sage and 1/4 cup cheese to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and spinach is wilted. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet. Stir in the chicken and shrimp; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine(9)
Sort By :
I have never rated what I haven't tried, but as my mouth is watering just reading this and I might have an answer for the nutritional question, I'm now "out on a limb." There is a recipe at the bottom of this one for chicken fettuccine, and it is the same except for using 1/2 &1/2 in place of whipping cream; also the addition of shrimp. Shrimp has no carbs. so this value would remain the same. If looking for other nutritional values just google it. This meal falls within my diabetic range for a meal. YEA me!
eye candy is all I can say right now. thawing shrimp right now and it will be served for dinner tonight.....
Good to almost grate!
I'm looking for the nutritional information on this one? ? ?
At first, I thought this dish was a bit on the bland side. But by the end of the meal, the flavors seems to meld and it was much better. I suspect I will love the leftovers. I, too, could not find garlic and onion tomatoes so I substituted Italian style. Family did proclaim it is a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >