Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
Saucy and special, this hearty pasta works as well for Wednesday night as it does for a Saturday dinner with company. You'll love the rich combination of bacon, chicken, shrimp and fresh baby spinach. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute chicken in reserved drippings until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, spinach, cream, sage and 1/4 cup cheese to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and spinach is wilted. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet. Stir in the chicken and shrimp; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC