Chicken & Rice Skillet Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender.
- 2. Add rice and garlic; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Add the broth, tomatoes, water, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Add chicken and peas; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 364 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Chicken & Rice Skillet
"Quick and easy but a bit bland. Next time I will double the spice."
"This is a great recipe. Lots of flavor and really easy to make."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.