- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add rice and garlic; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Add the broth, tomatoes, water, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Add chicken and peas; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Rice Skillet in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p60
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken & Rice Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2014
"Quick and easy but a bit bland. Next time I will double the spice."
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2013
"This is a great recipe. Lots of flavor and really easy to make."