Chicken & Rice Skillet Recipe
My Cuban mother-in-law makes the best Arroz Con Pollo, but it is very time consuming. This is my quick, weeknight version of the dish she makes. —Jacqueline Correa, Landing, New Jersey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add rice and garlic; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Add the broth, tomatoes, water, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Add chicken and peas; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Rice Skillet in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken & Rice Skillet(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2013
This is a great recipe. Lots of flavor and really easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >