Chicken & Rice Salad with Peanut Sauce Recipe
It doesn't get much speedier when using cooked rice and chicken. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes if you can take the extra heat. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 2/3 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Prepare rice according to package directions; remove to a large bowl. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the peanut sauce, oil and water until blended; set aside.
- Add the coleslaw mix, chicken and cilantro to the rice. Drizzle with peanut sauce mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Rice Salad with Peanut Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken & Rice Salad with Peanut Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >