Chicken & Rice Salad with Peanut Sauce
It doesn't get much speedier when using cooked rice and chicken. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes if you can take the extra heat. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice
- 2/3 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Prepare rice according to package directions; remove to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the peanut sauce, oil and water
- until blended; set aside.
- Add the coleslaw mix, chicken and cilantro to the rice. Drizzle with
- peanut sauce mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts; serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.