- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 2/3 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Prepare rice according to package directions; remove to a large bowl. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the peanut sauce, oil and water until blended; set aside.
- Add the coleslaw mix, chicken and cilantro to the rice. Drizzle with peanut sauce mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken & Rice Salad with Peanut Sauce
Sort By :
"Expensive ingredients. Would rather make with fresh chicken and rice but since the flavor was only okay, I would say next time I will order take out because that will be better/cheaper."
"Very good. I used broccoli slaw instead of coleslaw."
"Very fast and delicious. It reminds me somewhat of the Thai Crunch salad from California Pizza Kitchen."