Chicken & Pita Salad Recipe
- 1 pita bread (6 inches), chopped
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place pita bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook edamame according to package directions. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cheese, edamame and pita bread. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Divide among four serving plates; top with chicken. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 362 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 737 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.