Chicken & Pineapple Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, mix pineapple juice, cornstarch and ginger until smooth. Stir in broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and molasses.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and seasonings. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; close bag and shake to coat.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink. Remove from pan; discard cooking juices.
- 4. Stir-fry vegetables in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return chicken to pan. Add reserved pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice): 427 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Chicken & Pineapple Stir-Fry
"I like how much sauce there is. The flavor is good."
"This recipe creates a beautiful dish full of fresh flavors."
"I made this last night for the first time and it's a keeper. It was simple and easy to make and will be back on our table very soon."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.