Filled with smoked mozzarella and sweet pears, these creative bundles are elegance at its easiest. A simple raspberry sauce finishes the dish nicely. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Flatten chicken breasts evenly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares. Place a chicken breast in the center of each square; top each with cheese and pear slices.
- Lightly brush pastry edges with egg. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and vinegar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-25 seconds or until melted. Serve with bundles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Pear Bundles in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p9
Reviews for Chicken & Pear Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review