Chicken & Mushroom Spanakopitas Recipe
I love to make dishes like this; they're so easy and look like you really fussed! Using the lowfat feta and butter flavored Pam really lightens up this dish. If using dried herbs, cut quantity in half. I am entering this for the Tyson Recipe ideas. —Teena Petrus, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 4 cups fully cooked frozen grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon each minced fresh sage and thyme
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 36 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare chicken according to package directions; coarsely chop. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a bowl; stir in herbs, spinach, cheese and chicken.
- Layer six sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface, spritzing each with cooking spray. (Cover remaining phyllo with plastic wrap and a damp towel.) Cut the stack lengthwise in half. Place 1/3 cup filling on one end of each strip. Fold a corner of dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, continuing to fold like a flag. Spritz end with cooking spray and seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Spritz triangles with cooking spray; place on baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with tzatziki. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Mushroom Spanakopitas in Tyson Grilled & Ready Contest 2013
Reviews for Chicken & Mushroom Spanakopitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review