Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each) , skin removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soups, broth, onion, mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Remove chicken from slow cooker and keep warm. Turn slow cooker off and stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve with fettucine. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p32
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2014
"I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed them and browned them in oil first, then left them in the crock pot the entire time. Delicious!"