Everyone in my family loves when I make this dinner...even my kids! What's great about this recipe is that you can add vegetables you have on hand to make it heartier, such as corn, peas, or diced red bell pepper.—Monica Werner, Temecula, California
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soups, broth, onion, mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Remove chicken from slow cooker and keep warm. Turn slow cooker off and stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve chicken and sauce with fettucine. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p32
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review