- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soups, broth, onion, mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Remove chicken from slow cooker and keep warm. Turn slow cooker off and stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve chicken and sauce with fettucine. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo
"Very good flavor. My husband and I both loved it and you can bet we'll be having this again and again."
"Make this recipe for my husband, he loves it. I also use boneless, skinless breasts, it's great."
"This was one of the best new recipes I've prepared in my almost 60 years of cooking. So simple and wonderful."
"I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed them and browned them in oil first, then left them in the crock pot the entire time. Delicious!"