Chicken & Kielbasa with Curried Rice Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, kielbasa and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the broccoli, coconut milk, soup, rice, water, curry and salt.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish with tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 590 calories, 38g fat (24g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1060mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Chicken & Kielbasa with Curried Rice
"I will be definitely be making this one again. It's a wonderful one-pan dish. I, too, used light coconut milk to reduce the fat content. I used "healthy request" version of the cream of celery soup to reduce some more fat and salt. I probably could have omitted the 1/4 tsp. and not even missed it. The whole dish was easy enough for my son to help prepare and we all liked it."
"This recipe was awesome! I loved it."
"I used light coconut milk, which cuts out some fat. To omit the cream of celery soup also cuts a lot of fat--and I think it still tastes great without it."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer