Chicken and sausage form a hearty base for this quick-to-the-table meal that has everything you need for dinner. Curry carries the flavor, while coconut is on the milder side. Simple and Delicious Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, kielbasa and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the broccoli, coconut milk, soup, rice, water, curry and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish with tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Kielbasa with Curried Rice in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p8
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken & Kielbasa with Curried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review