- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons brandy or chicken stock
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Remove skillet from heat; add halved garlic cloves and brandy. Return to heat; cook and stir over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Stir in stock, rosemary and thyme; return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Garlic with Fresh Herbs
"I thought this was a delicious recipe and easy to prepare. I made a couple of changes.. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs as e don't care for thighs and a turned the sauce into a light gravy for my husband by mixing a little flour with chicken broth and it gave the sauce a "zing". Served it over wild rice with the gravy.. Yummy!!"
"We had guest over and doubled the recipe. Turned out great."
"Absolutely delicious! My entire family loved it."
"This was reprinted in the Feb/Mar 2017 issue of ToH, and I'm glad I spotted it. Easy to cut in half, and was a snap to make. As another reviewer suggested, I also spooned the juices over the chicken, an absolute must to get the full benefit of the flavors. I omitted the chives."
"It was excellent. Very flavorful. I had to use bone in chicken and cooked it for about 30 min covered and then took the cover off to reduce the liquid some. We will definitely have this again. Thank you."
"Loved this! Easy. Spooning the broth over the chicken is a must. I didn't think to do that until I was putting the leftovers away. The broth had a wonderful flavor. I used fresh herbs because I had some I needed to use up."
"Perfect weeknight meal!"