Chicken & Egg Noodle Casserole
After the fire, my heart broke for Michelle and her family. Bringing over this casserole was the one thing I could think of to help her out in a tiny way and let her know I was thinking of her and her family.—Lin Krankel, Oxford, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package
- directions for al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk soup, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper until
- blended. Stir in chicken and noodles. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in.
- baking dish. In a small bowl, mix crushed crackers and butter;
- sprinkle over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 446 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.