- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk soup, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and noodles. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix crushed crackers and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken & Egg Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"I modified this recipe by adding broccoli and dried minced onion, and reduced the amount of noodles. I also used seasoned bread crumbs in place of the crackers. It turned out great. Would like to try it again with the crackers on top next time."
"I cut the recipe in half since I was just feeding me and my husband but I used the full amount of crackers and melted butter. I added more salt, pepper, garlic powder and chicken powder. (As everyone has said, It definitely needed more spice.) It was very good. I will make it again."
"I walked into this recipe knowing it was pure comfort food. I agree with the other reviews though that it needed to be more spiced and made as written, is a bit bland. I did add almost twice as many crackers on top, so that was a yummy addition. I would make this again for perhaps a potluck or group dinner, as I think most would enjoy!"
"This turned out really well. My daughter didn't even complain! The crushed crackers on top really added to the texture. Will be making this again."
"Good hearty meal that uses simple, well known ingredients...which means the kids will eat it too!! Agree with the others that additional spices are necessary. Like some of the other commenters I also blended garlic (powder) into the mixture for extra flavor."