- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk soup, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and noodles. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix crushed crackers and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken & Egg Noodle Casserole
"Yummy!! I just added onion and garlic but it is still very good without. Couldn't believe how good the buttered ritz cracker topping was. Next time i make my baked macaroni and cheese l will use the buttery cracker topping instead of my usual panko bread crumbs."
"Ok, yes, it was slightly tweaked. I used both cans cream of chicken. Added some dried minced onion & chicken stock base (about 1 Tb of each) and a dash of ground sage. Sprinkled plain Panko on top. Cooked for 20, sprinkled shake cheese & some shredded mozzarella on top, baked for 10 more minutes. DELICIOUS!!! The only other place I cheated was I used chicken pulled from a rotisserie chicken, so that added to the flavor. This is now my go-to comfort food"
"We made this for dinner tonight. We took the suggestions from other reviewers and added the peas, minced onions, garlic pdr and the Bullion. It adapted very well to my gluten free diet using gf noodles, gf cream soup and topped with gf crackers. We consider this a definite keeper recipe. Thank you to all who have reviewed and made suggestions to this recipe."
"This is one of my family favorites. However, instead of using the crackers, I left over crushed potato chips, crushed corn flakes cereal or crushed tortilla chips. Almost any variety will do. Adds a little extra flavor."
"A few shakes of garlic powder and some onion and I used crushed potato chips on top instead of crackers and butter. Yummy said all."