- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, warm enchilada sauce over medium heat. Dip four tortillas, one at a time, in sauce to coat both sides; arrange on bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate, overlapping to fit.
- Layer with 1 cup chicken, 1 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons olives. Repeat tortilla and chicken layers. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and olives.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. If desired, serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken & Cheese Tortilla Pie
"So easy and so yummy. Add a little sour cream when serving and its a great hit with the family. Will definitely add this to my list of favorites!"
"Easy and delicious!!"
"Very easy to make!... I didn't have a green enchilada sauce, but I really wanted try it, so I substitute it with some tomato sauce with some taco seasonings instead, and of course with the rest of the recipes!... And I have also added some bread crumbs on top just to add a little crunch... :) it turned out very good!... Didn't last, of course... :)"
"Super easy recipe to make. It's even easier when using canned chicken which is what I used today. Adding black beans is a great touch to this recipe!"
"Simple and tasty! We used 8" whole wheat tortillas instead of smaller corn ones and it was so easy to assemble. I also added a can of black beans to the layers. It was delicious - the whole thing disappeared in one sitting!"
"This was ridiculously easy to make and tasted really good. I put it under the brpiler for the last few minutes because I like the cheese browned. Yum."