- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1-2/3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup beer or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken & Bean Chili
"Absolutely delicious! I did make a couple of changes, I omitted the additional salt since I used regular chicken broth and added a cilantro cube, I also did not use turmeric cuz I didn't have it. Lastly, I added an additional teaspoon of chipotle chili pepper."
"Loved it! We added avocado on top just because we like it."
"I was a little skeptical about some of the spices but wow this chili is good. The only ingredient I substituted was diced tomatoes with chilies. This might be my new go-to chili recipe!"
"Delicious chili! At first, because of the amount of ingredients, I was a little hesitant to make it. But, I'm glad I did. The chili is quick, easy, and flavorful!"