Chicken & Bacon Tart Recipe
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cut into thirds
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Saute onions and apples in drippings until tender. Stir in the chicken, jelly, thyme and salt.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 10-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
- 3. Spread chicken mixture over pastry to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Press edges with a fork, forming a decorative border.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 693 calories, 37g fat (13g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1023mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Chicken & Bacon Tart
"This is rich but delicious. Next time I won't use any chicken, it didn't add anything to the recipe but cost in my opinion. My husband and mother both loved this recipe and both are quite hard to please."
"Unusual ingredients, but taste great together! I only used one onion (it was a large one) otherwise I made it exactly as the recipe was written. Wonderful pizza like dinner , can't wait to make it again!"
"Tasted so great and was so easy to make."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.