Chicken & Apple Waffle Sandwiches
Waffles don’t need to be considered just a breakfast item any more! These fun and hearty sandwiches make a delicious dinner in no time! —Deb Williams, Peoria, AZ
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 frozen waffles, thawed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli chicken
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four waffles with mayonnaise; top with half of the cheese.
- Layer with chicken, apple and remaining cheese. Top with remaining
- waffles. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes
- on each side or until waffles are lightly browned and cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.