Chicken & Apple Waffle Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 frozen waffles, thawed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli chicken
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four waffles with mayonnaise; top with half of the cheese. Layer with chicken, apple and remaining cheese. Top with remaining waffles. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until waffles are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken & Apple Waffle Sandwiches(2)
Sort By :
I didn't love this, but then I have yet to like a sandwich with apples on it. That said, I think it's a solid recipe, and just a matter of personal taste. It's easy and interesting, so I would recommend trying it.
This recipe is SO easy and fast! I didn't follow it too closely; I used what I had on hand: deli sliced chicken, green apple slices, havarti cheese, finely chopped onion, and honey mustard.
They were absolutely delicious! My husband - a meat and potatoes man, as the cliche goes - LOVED them. I used a full box of waffles and, between the two of us, we ate every bite.
Is there a better compliment than a clean plate and a "thank you!" ?
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >