Waffles don’t need to be considered just a breakfast item any more! These fun and hearty sandwiches make a delicious dinner in no time! —Deb Williams, Peoria, AZ
- 8 frozen waffles, thawed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli chicken
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four waffles with mayonnaise; top with half of the cheese. Layer with chicken, apple and remaining cheese. Top with remaining waffles. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until waffles are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Apple Waffle Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p24
Reviews for Chicken & Apple Waffle Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review