Chicken & Apple Salad with Greens Recipe
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Add chicken, apples and onion; toss to coat. Just before serving, place greens on a large serving plate; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chicken & Apple Salad with Greens
"Best part is the dressing"
"Wow! Loads of flavour. Tasted like nothing I've had before. We're having it again tonight. The vinaigrette is addictive. Mine came out a lot darker so I'll add a little more chicken next time."
"I like the mixture of apples and chicken. I wanted to use the dressing I already had which was poppy-seed. The next time I will use the balsamic dressing."
"Not only delicious, but healthy too!"
"Love, love it. I have eaten this salad three days straight and want some more"
"Made this last week sometime for supper. Loved it! I halved the recipe, but used the same amount of chicken (2 cups.) The curry powder in the vinaigrette was a nice addition & the apples gave the salad a nice crunch. Nice for a summer meal, will definitely make again! Also- very quick to make supper- that scores a point with me. :)"
"Loved the vinaigrette dressing. Great salad!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.