- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Add chicken, apples and onion; toss to coat. Just before serving, place greens on a large serving plate; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken & Apple Salad with Greens
"Best part is the dressing"
"Wow! Loads of flavour. Tasted like nothing I've had before. We're having it again tonight. The vinaigrette is addictive. Mine came out a lot darker so I'll add a little more chicken next time."
"I like the mixture of apples and chicken. I wanted to use the dressing I already had which was poppy-seed. The next time I will use the balsamic dressing."
"Not only delicious, but healthy too!"
"Love, love it. I have eaten this salad three days straight and want some more"