- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Add chicken, apples and onion; toss to coat. Just before serving, place greens on a large serving plate; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken & Apple Salad with Greens
Sort By :
"I like the mixture of apples and chicken. I wanted to use the dressing I already had which was poppy-seed. The next time I will use the balsamic dressing."
"Not only delicious, but healthy too!"
"Love, love it. I have eaten this salad three days straight and want some more"
"Made this last week sometime for supper. Loved it! I halved the recipe, but used the same amount of chicken (2 cups.) The curry powder in the vinaigrette was a nice addition & the apples gave the salad a nice crunch. Nice for a summer meal, will definitely make again! Also- very quick to make supper- that scores a point with me. :)"
"Loved the vinaigrette dressing. Great salad!"